Open Hands is in humbled support of a Church plant project in Bloemfontein, South Africa. A project that embodies goals and objectives that align with the core believes of Open Hands. The Church plant project has the sole purpose to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. The Church members seek to be personal followers (disciples) of Jesus Christ and to make disciples for Him of all people regardless of their background. To this end, the Church longs to mature in Christ in truth and loving service. They strongly desire to be a Gospel Church where the Bible is faithfully taught and applied so that Christ may be exalted.
Core beliefs of the Church are that:
- The Bible is the inspired and infallible written Word of God. It is the only certain and sufficient rule for faith and obedience.
- The Triune God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) of the Bible is the only true God. He is the only One worthy of worship.
- God created the universe (and everything in it) in the beginning in six days and everything was good.
- Sin and death came to all people as a result of Adam and Eve’s (the first human couple’s) disobedience toward God.
- God, because of His love, sent His only begotten Son Jesus Christ to be His ultimate revelation and to save (through Jesus Christ’s life, death and resurrection) the world from sin and eternal death.
- Whoever comes to Jesus Christ in repentance and hold on to Him in faith are put right with God, are under His grace, are indwelled by His Spirit, are being transformed for good works, and are given the certain hope of eternal life.
- Jesus Christ will come again to judge the living and the dead. Those who gave heed to the Gospel (outlined in 1-6 above) will be in the glorious and joyful presence of God forever and those who did not will be in the torments of hell forever.